How it works
How our Live Box Breaks work...
LIKE MANY OTHER "BREAK" SITES WE OFFER BOXES, PACKS, AND THE OCCASIONAL CASE BREAK.
We try our hardest to provide a fun break environment while providing transparent, honest, & fair service.
Everyone involved at Live box Breaks by Premier is actively involved in collecting cards. Some as an investment, others just as a hobby. What we all share is a passion for cards both old and new. We hope you will have as much fun as we do breaking and trading with us and other members of the site.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- What are box breaks?
- Types of breaks we offer.
- Sources of product & transparency.
- Purchase (How do I get into a Break?)
- Timing (When will my Break be?)
- Locating (Where is my Break?)
- Viewing the breaks. (Live Viewing & Archives)
- The Break App
- Break Archives
- Break Rewards Program
- Refund Policy
WHAT IS A BOX BREAK?
Although relatively new in popularity "Box Breaks" have been around since the mid 2000's and the definition of a box break will vary from one breaker to another as every breaker has his or her own way of "breaking" but most will describe a similar version of below.
A box break is an service event where we or a "breaker" will open a box, case, or pack of collectible trading cards for individuals or groups of people during a live feed broadcast so everyone may see and share in the excitement of the "event". This type of service provided by "breakers" is a cheaper way to potentially get high dollar or rare cards without having to buy a whole box or case.
Watch the video below to see an example of a "Break"
WHAT TYPE OF BREAKS DO WE OFFER?
Choose a Pack aka (CAP)
This is where you will Choose your pack number from the box and we will open it for you live on air.
Choose a Team aka (CAT)
This is where you Choose your team in the box OR case break. Each team will have a different price based on the checklist for the particular product.
This is where you will get random slots for teams or letters, typically 1 or 2 slots depending on product. We will randomize everyone's names on random.org 5 times to determine your teams.
Personal Box Breaks
This is where you purchase a box and we open it on air live for you at a scheduled time. All cards for personal box breaks are shipped.
SECURE BOXES, TRUSTED SOURCES, & SECURE CHECKOUT
All of our break boxes and/or cases are factory sealed and come only from industry trusted sources like Panini, Upper Deck, DA, Blowout, GTS Distributors, Onyx, Leaf, and Topps. All orders placed on our site are through a secure gateway. (SSL)
As part of our effort of transparency we will always present the box or case being opened to verify the seal & the cards will never leave the site of the camera before you see them first. Additionally, all break events are broadcasted live in HD!
Fun, Fair, Honest and Transparent Box Breaks!
- Our number one goal is to provide fair breaks and a fun community atmosphere. We encourage our members to participate and help grow the community. You are encouraged to chat with other members, join the forum and post your "Hits"
- We will have 100% Live events broadcasted in HD. We will conduct our breaks with as much transparency Honest, and fair breaks every time.
- All of our boxes and cases are factory sealed and only come from trusted sources like Panini, Upper Deck, DA, Blowout, GTS Distributors, Onyx, Leaf, and Topps.
- The boxes will be presented as sealed directly on the camera just before we break each box. They will be opened and never leave site of the camera throughout the break of the box.
- For (CAT) Choose a Pack we will present the sealed box and number the packs on screen each time we go into a new box for packs. In the event there are bonus packs in the box then we will present box so everyone can see it is sealed and then number off camera to conceal the bonus pack # ( This bonus will be numbered the same as on random pack from the box and included if you pick that pack # with your (CAP) order. Free stuff is good:-)
UPDATED POLICY ON MULTI PLAYER CARDS 9-6-15
- Multi-Player & Misc. Cards
- If a card has two players on it, the team with the player on the top, top-left, or left will get the card.
- If the card has more than two players, the following system will be used:
- If the same person owns two or more of the players on the card, while the rest own just one, the player who owns the majority will be rewarded the card
- If there is no majority owner, then we will go with the team with the player on the top, top-left, or left of the front of the card.
- If the card has no team on it, the card will go with whoever owns the most teams in the break.
NEW POLICY PER COMMUNITY FEEDBACK
- If a card has two players on it, the card will be randomized between the two teams.
- If the card has more than two players, the following system will be used:
- If the same person owns two or more of the players on the card, while the rest own just one, the player who owns the majority will be rewarded the card.
- If there is no majority owner, then we will randomize between all teams on the card. 1 entry per team/player.
- If the card is of a retired player, the card will go to the team that is listed on the card. If there is no team listed on the card it will go to the last team that player played for. If the card is of a team that is no longer in existence, the card will go to the new franchise of the city where the team moved to.
- (Example: To avoid any misconception of the rules, we wanted to add a specific example. EX: The Houston Oilers moved to Tennessee and became the Titans, the Houston Oilers hits will now go to the Titans. (*The Houston Texans are an expansion team) In the event a team cannot be determined with certainty it will be up to PBB to determine the team either by Random or other means, PBB's decision is final.
- For Upper Deck and Panini Baseball products, if the card is in a college uniform and there are no logos or team names displayed, the card will go to the team that the player is currently on or the most recent team the player played for. If the player is un-drafted or not tied to a team, we will use random.org to determine who from the break will receive the card.
- In the unlikely even that the above misc. card rules do not resolve who will receive the card, the card will go to someone in the break using random.org.
- If the card has no team on it, the card will go with whoever owns the most teams in the break. (this applies to non sport cards in products like Allen Ginter or Goodwin.) For Allen Ginter & Goodwin type products if there are other sports cards different than the current break they will be treated as non-sports cards. Example; we list a AG Baseball break and a Tiger Woods card or a Jordan is pulled they will be treated as "non sport" or "Other Sport" (as AG describes them) and they will go to whoever owns the most teams in that break.
HOW TO PARTICIPATE IN OUR BOX BREAKS:
How do I participate in a Box Break Event?
Watch the video below for how to create your account and participate.
TIMING OF OUR BREAKS & USING THE BREAK APP:
- Unfortunately we have no way of knowing exactly when a break will happen as it depends on when the break sells out/fills up.
We have developed our live break web app to aid our members in gauging when a break will possibly be going. You can check it out HERE and watch the video on how to use the Live Box Break Web App below.
- We will break boxes as soon as they sell out if it is a scheduled break night. For example, if a box sells out the night of a live break we will break it that night. If a break sells out on a night we are not breaking we will break that box on the next night that we are having a live break. All pack orders will be opened/broke first thing during the next live break event.
Watch the video below for how to use the Live Break Web App
HOW TO VIEW OUR LIVE BOX BREAKS:
- To view our live breaks, simply click on the homepage links "Video Feeds".
- We will be breaking anywhere from 2-4 nights a week depending on the amount of sold out breaks for the week.
- All of our news and information pertaining to upcoming live breaks and sales of upcoming breaks will be posted on the main homepage of our website. We also post to social media regularly so be sure to follow us. We will keep the information updated regularly to give you plenty of notice.
- We will make sure to handle all of your cards in a professional manner. All breaks will be performed with care. We will do everything we can to insure the safe handling of your cards. Our hands are washed before the breaks and when hits arise we will do our best to handle them at the edges of the card and continue to handle them carefully throughout the process until packaged & shipped to you. In some cases you will see that we are wearing gloves, typically this is reserved for extremely high dollar breaks.
- As commonly known and expressed on most all break sites - Some cards will not always come out of the pack in perfect PSA or BGS 10 condition but we will do our best to keep each card in the condition it came in. Live video will serve as evidence as to the "From Package" condition. PremierBoxBreaks.com will not be responsible for damaged cards pulled from the case or pack with evidence of damage. PremierBoxBreaks.com will not be liable for damage during shipping. (See Shipping)
- In many cases we will automatically load the big hits in one touch cases! You may also purchase one touch cases and request any of your break cards be placed in them before shipping. Just PM us the order # of your cases and which cards to load. We'll be glad to provide this service FREE!
- Shipping day will be typically be Mondays the week following the break. All of our live breaks from the previous week will go out no latter than the following Monday (1 week following the break at Max) is what we shoot for. You will receive a shipping confirmation email when your cards go out.
- First class Domestic shipping is included free of any additional charges in the price of your break for all cards excluding base cards in heavy base products. In cases where product is "heavy base" you will need to add base cards to your shipment via "Add Base for Single Break" or "Add base to Multiple Breaks" from the store under live box breaks category. All heavy base breaks will designate this in the description. Some of your breaks may be combined into one shipment. We will try to upload the duplicate tracking numbers but be advised that if your breaks are within the same week or so they may have been combined in shipping resulting in "one" tracking number for multiple orders. If you feel you have not received your shipment please feel free to message us so we can look into it right away. We will do our best to expedite the process but there may be several hundred orders to search through so please be understanding with this. Please message us through the store or directly to premier box breaks via gmail so we may resolve ASAP. Contacting through bulletin boards or ebay and other media may not be the fastest route as these accounts including twitter and facebook are not monitored every hour of the day.
- If you would like to purchase insurance higher than a declared value by Premier or have your product shipped in a different way, please contact us as soon as possible.
The price of the break service does not include insurance for your cards. We only insure high dollar cards as determined by us unless that service with a specific amount is requested and paid for by the buyer. If you would like your cards sent with insurance we will quote you the price and send a separate invoice. We always do our best to deliver your cards safely and securely and will do everything in our power to help if a package is lost in the mail. However, if you do not purchase insurance for your package we are not liable or responsible if the post office loses or damages your package. We provide insurance for high dollar cards at our discretion. If in doubt or you want to be sure to have this included please contact us otherwise it must be assumed no insurance is included.
International shipping- Please see shipping page
- We carefully package and ship the cards heavily protected in bubble mailers.
- In the event that you are concerned about shipping times, do realize that sometimes the USPS has delays especially around holiday seasons.
- We do not ship to PO boxes.
- We cannot be held responsible for any mistakes or lost packages by the USPS.
WHAT CARDS SHIP? PLEASE READ CAREFULLY
Choose a Packs:
You will always receive ALL the Base cards from your Choose a Packs. If you do not want base just specify in notes at checkout and we'll be happy to omit from shipping and add to our donation box.
Team & Box Breaks:
All cards ships except in "Heavy Base" product. In cases where product is "heavy base" you will need to add base cards to your shipment via "Add Base for Single Break" or "Add base to Multiple Breaks" from the store under live box breaks category. All heavy base breaks will designate this in the description. An example would be something like Topps Chrome Baseball where you have a lot of base cards. In this type of break no base will ship unless you pay for them. We will hold all base cards 30 days to give you time to review and then you can request base here or here for multi breaks.
Personal Box Breaks:
Ships with all cards from your box.
To view a list of our past breaks please see our ARCHIVES PAGE or select link from the top menu under LIVE VIDEO+
Archives of our past Live Box Breaks are also be available on our site in the break schedule or calendar. Just click on the day and more information including archive links are posted. We stream on Ustream and each break is separated by the name of the break. Backup versions of eBay auctions can also be found on our YouTube Channel
- Within 48 hrs following a live break, we will try to post videos of the breaks on our Youtube channel as well. We try to do this ASAP however things can get busy so please be patient. You can always see the video in the archives before we break them up into the named breaks. We will break up the video and label it based on the break and box# along with the date of the break.
- This is also a great place to go check out some of our previous breaks if you are new to our site and looking to see just how these live breaks work.
Watch the video below for information about our break rewards program and how your can earn FREE breaks!
- There are no refunds whatsoever.
- The more spots you purchase in a break the bigger your discount and the better your chances are of getting a hit.
- There is a chance that your team will not receive any cards from the break. Please do not purchase if you don't understand the process.
- Discounts and promotions are at the discretion of PBB and subject to change at any time. Limitations may apply, see descriptions and/or promotion terms. Please message through your account or via the IM panel at lower right of site page for any clarification needed.
WHILE BROWSING OUR SITE YOU WILL NOTICE FAMILIAR THEMES SEEN & USED THROUGHOUT THE BREAKER COMMUNITY AND ALSO SOME EXCITING & PREMIER EXCLUSIVE APPLICATIONS. WE SINCERELY HOPE YOU WILL ENJOY THE COMMUNITY WE HAVE BUILT AND JOIN US IN MAKING IT EVEN BETTER!
THANKS FOR TAKING THE TIME TO LEARN ABOUT PREMIER!